A few days ago, I started feeling a little restless and was considering making a Tinder account
again and, being so tired of writing up short bios with too many exclamation marks, I started searching for a quote I could just copy and paste. I know, this sounds lazy. But also effective!
So, I took to Pinterest (cue hours of
getting distracted researching) and started searching for quotes by my favorite authors, inspirational leaders, and then just “inspirational quotes about _____”. To be honest, things got pretty cheesy on some of these searches! But, while searching, I found so many gems that genuinely inspired me and were a huge mood lifter! Here are my 5 top favorites:
- “I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good.” – Roald Dahl
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- “All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will.’ Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilites as probabilities.” – Charles Dickens
- “It isn’t what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.” – Jane Austen
Is it just me, or does anyone else get a wave of empowerment after reading through inspirational quotes? After my Pinterest binge, I felt ready to conquer the world! Ha. I settled for a hot cup of tea and a half hour in a book, but it was a great feeling.
Sidenote: I didn’t use any of these for Tinder. I didn’t even get around to making the account. Typical.